How do you open a school locker?
School is on the way and since this is the Pink LOCKER Society, we decided we better talk about lockers. First, how do you open one?
Practice makes perfect, so you can try this at home if you have a lock. Opening a locker is all about three things:
- Knowing your combination - the series of three numbers that you have to turn to on the locker's dial.
- Knowing which direction to turn the locker's dial and how many spins to spin.
- Knowing a few tricks, like you can't go directly from the first number in the combination to the second number. You have to pass your second number once before pausing there.
- Knowing not to panic. Before you know it you'll be opening your locker without even thinking about it!
WATCH OUR VIDEO to see how it's done!
Here's a cheat sheet. The sample combination is 11-17-23, like in the video. If you know your locker combination, you can substitute it in steps #3, #4, and #5.
1. Spin the spinner 2 times in a clockwise direction to reset it.
2. Stop at zero.
3. Spin it clockwise again toward your first number: 11.
4. Spin it the other way (counterclockwise), but don’t stop at your second number (17) the first time you pass it. After you’ve gone around once, touch 17.
5. Spin clockwise again and go directly to your third number (23).
6. Pull down and open your lock!