About losing weight
You can look at the questions and responses HERE.
But those questions and answers also made us think very hard about what we do here. There was a lot of pain in the questions from girls who believe they are overweight. And we want to send a very STRONG message about weight and being OK with your body.
1. We are happy if girls want to be healthy. And being at a healthy weight is part of that.
2. Don't assume you weigh too much and need to lose weight. Only a doctor can analyze your height and weight and body type. Ask a parent to see your doctor if you're concerned.
3. Eating healthy (more fruits, vegetables etc.) and being physically active is a good idea for EVERYBODY.
4. But don't try anything extreme. No crazy diets, no skipping meals, and no exercising in a way that's not good for you.
5. Try to avoid extreme thinking, too. Weighing yourself too much. Looking in the mirror to examine flaws and problems too much. Talking all the time about your weight and body size.
6. Accept the body you have and appreciate all the stuff it can do - ride a bike, turn a cartwheel, kick the heck out of a soccer ball. Focus on parts of your appearance that you already like. It's not being conceited to like something about how you look. Hey, your hair looks terrific!
For more advice about healthy weight and healthy habits HERE: What's the Right Weight for Me?
Other positive messages are welcome here, especially if you want to say good things about your body. Treat it kindly - it's the only one you got!